To increase the durability of reinforced concrete bridges, all concrete movement and construction joints, plus the bridge decks have to be waterproofed to prevent serious damage to the concrete, or to the embedded steel reinforcement. Due to dynamic loading, the bridge decks must be protected with elastic, crack-bridging systems to accommodate any movement and maintain the protection.
- Elastic, crack-bridging properties, especially at low temperatures
- Resistance to chlorides and automotive chemicals such as fuel, oils and hydraulic fluids.
- Easy to install and accommodate variations in level and substrate conditions
- Fast application to reduce traffic closure times.
SIKA SOLUTIONS FOR BRIDGE DECK WATERPROOFING
Durable waterproofing systems for concrete and steel bridge decks:
- For concrete bridge decks under hot poured asphalt:System consisting of Sika® Ergodur® epoxy overlay and Sikalastic® liquid applied membrane
- For steel bridge decks under hot poured asphalt: System consisting of SikaCor® HM Primer and SikaCor® HM waterproofing layer
- For steel bridge decks without asphalt topping: System consisting of SikaCor® HM Primer and Sika® Elastomastic® TF waterproof wearing layer performance of Sika® Watertight Concrete System that we offer a 15 year warranty.
SIKA SOLUTIONS FOR ELASTIC JOINT SEALING
High Performance watertight joint sealing systems for use on bridge decks, parapets and other elements:
- For facade and parapet joint waterproofing: Sikadur® Combiflex® SG system
- For bridge deck and deck waterproofing edge terminations: Sika® Dilatec® B, R and E edge systems
- For facade joint waterproofing: Sikaflex® joint sealants
SIKA SOLUTIONS FOR WATERPROOFING CRACKS
Structural bonding and flexible watertight injection systems for crack sealing in concrete structures:
- For the surface sealing of bridge decks:
- Flexible polyurethane and acrylic resin based injection systems – Sika® Injection® systems
- For structural cracks and void repair: Sikadur® and Sika® Injection® low viscosity, epoxy resin based systems