The long-established benefits of SikaProof®-A and SikaProof®-P can now go even further with the addition of our loose-laid damp-proofing membrane and gas barrier system – expertly designed for ground-level protection against the ingress of damp and naturally-occurring gases.
Sikaplan®-1650 DPM Gas Barrier is a multi-layer, low-density polyethylene membrane, strengthened by a polypropylene reinforcing grid with an integral aluminium foil.
This damp-proofing membrane and gas barrier is used at ground level to protect the building against moisture, radon, methane and carbon dioxide from the ground.
Standards and approvals
The Sikaplan®-1650 DPM Gas Barrier is extensively tested to withstand the most aggressive of environments, and is approved to the following standards:
- BS 8485:2015 + A1:2019 – Code of practice for the design of protective measures for methane and carbon dioxide ground gases for new buildings.
- BR211 (2015) – Radon: Protective measures for new buildings.
- Declaration of Performance (DoP)to EN 13967:2012.
- BBA certificate number 20/5738.
We recommend that the Sikaplan®-1650 DPM Gas Barrier is heat-welded by a qualified installer, but taping joints can be used if required. Sikaplan®-1650 DPM Gas Barrier should be overlapped by at least 100mm and always installed in accordance with BS 8485:2015 + A1:2019. Additional influences on the system should also be considered, such as hydrostatic conditions and suitable protection of the membrane itself.
If you would like us to recommend a specialist contractor, get in touch by calling 0800 292 2572 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your project requires additional protection from hydrocarbons and VOCs as well as ground gases we recommend the Sikaplan VOC Membrane range.
Available system components and accessories
- Sikaplan®-1650 DPM Detailing Strip – A 300mm wide bituminous gas-proof and damp-proof sheet, composed of self-adhesive SBS polymer modified bitumen and an upper surface finish of aluminium foil, and release film. Used for gas-proofing and damp-proofing of ground structures where harmful ground gases are anticipated.
- SikaProof® FixTape-50 – A double sided 50mm wide butyl strip for sealing lapped joints.
- Sika® Drain 850 Geo – A 2.44m wide heavy-duty drainage and protection sheet to safeguard the membrane and provide a drainage pathway to a maintainable land drain, alleviating pore water pressure on the structure.