Sika has unrivalled experience of waterproofing all types of expansion and construction joints in reinforced concrete structures. Our continuous research and development also ensures the application of the latest available technologies in waterproofing, especially to modern methods of concrete construction and requirements.
Due to the nature of these materials, concrete and reinforced concrete structures must always be built divided into sections, by forming joints – construction (daywork and isolation) joints and/or expansion (movement) joints. For sealing and waterproofing of the concrete structure, waterstops are installed in all of these necessary joints. The selection of the right waterstop material, its overall waterproofing concept, design and profiles are dependent on the specific structure, its exposure and the construction process. The functions of these waterstops are primarily to act as a waterproofing seal in the joint, plus to allow the two sections to move independently of each other – without restriction (free of tension).
Waterstops are available in different materials and qualities. The anticipated loading, i.e. the water pressure and movement, will determine the selection of the appropriate material, its quality and design. A securely closed solution for all of the expansion and construction joints must be achieved to achieve a watertight structure. Our engineers and technicians will assist you to find the right sealing system solution for your structure.
Sika® Waterbar PVC-P
Sika Waterbar® made from PVC-P can be used as flexible waterstops and are designed for the sealing of movement (expansion) and construction joints in new watertight concrete structures.
It is available in a range of different types, shapes and sizes to suit different types of structures and joint sealing applications.
Watertight joint sealing in new concrete structures, including solutions for both movement (expansion) and construction joints. Typical structures include:
- Residential building basements
- Commercial building basements
- Underground car parks
- Water retaining structures and water treatment plants
Features & Benefits:
- High tensile strength and elongation
- Permanent flexibility
- Suitable for low to medium levels of hydrostatic water pressure
- Resistant to all natural mediums in soil and groundwater
- Resistant to a broad spectrum of chemicals
- Robust products designed for handling and installation on site
- Suitable for thermal welding in shop and on site
Sika®Metalsheet-FBV Joint Waterstop
The Sika® Metalsheet‐FBV joint waterstop is a galvanized metal sheet with a special coating applied on one side to increase its adhesion to fresh concrete. This coating produces a durable watertight bond into the concrete structure during construction.
- Waterproofing of construction joints in reinforced concrete structures
Features & Benefits:
- General Appraisal Certificate (abP)
- Tested up to 5 bar hydrostatic water pressure
- Easy, quick and safe to install due to the FBV coating
- Installation is not limited by the weather
- Integral bonding with the whole water-stopping system is possible