Sika is the market leader in concrete admixture technology. Combining this with our expertise in waterproofing has led to the development and evolution of the Sika® Watertight Concrete System, now the most widely used system of its type in the UK.
The Sika® Watertight Concrete System provides waterproofing for:
- Lift pits
- Retaining walls
- Concrete façades. As well as for keeping water in, for example: swimming pools
Sika® Watertight Concrete complies with BS 8102:2009 Type B Construction.
The benefits of the Sika® Watertight Concrete
System are clear:
- Time saved at design and construction stages as the need for external membranes with their complex detailing and installation is eliminated.
- Cost effective in comparison with membranes and other systems. Delivers maximum usable area to the occupier.
- Quality backed by Sika warranty, BBA certificate and a 60 years track record.
- Peace of mind for the client, specifier, contractor and end user of the building. So confident are we in the performance of Sika® Watertight Concrete System that we offer a 15 year warranty.
Due to its capillaries and pores, concrete is a naturally-porous material. The Sika® Watertight Concrete System incorporates a range of admixtures (1 on the image below) to improve its resistance to infiltration:
- Sika® WT-100 watertight concrete powder – a combined water-resisting and HRWR/Superplasticiser admixture
- Sika® WT-200 P – a combined crystalline waterproofing concrete and HRWR/Superplasticiser admixture
- Sika® 1+ – a liquid water-resisting waterproofing admixture
The system also creates the optimum water/cement ratio through the use of water reducing admixtures (2 on the image below):
- SikaPlast® / Sika ViscoCrete® – mid and high range water reducing admixtures which decrease the volume of capillary pores and improve rheology and consistency
These active components work throughout the pores and capillaries structure of the concrete to effectively seal the concrete permanently against the penetration of water and other liquids.
The Sika® Watertight Concrete System also includes a range of complimentary jointing products (3-6 on the image below) to effectively seal construction joints and complete watertight structures:
- SikaSwell® – a range of hydrophilic profiles and gun applied sealants, designed for the sealing and waterproofing of construction joints and penetrations (e.g. pipe entries)
- Sikadur® Combiflex SG – high performance, over-banding sealing tape system for postsealing and waterproofing of construction and movement joints
- Sika® Waterbar – internal or external applied waterstops based on PVC, TPO or galvanised steel for construction and movement joints
- SikaFuko® – injection hoses for construction joints that can be used for sealing by injection and re-injection in the event of future movement
To find out more, download the Sika® Watertight Concrete System brochure.