Sika® Watertight Concrete System
Whether keeping water out or keeping it in, put water in its place with our Sika® Watertight Concrete System and achieve truly watertight concrete structures.
- Incorporates the latest admixture technology
- Complete spectrum of products for watertight joints
- Design detailing and cost engineering for complex structures
- Cost-effective and sustainable
Putting water in it's place with our unique SikaProof® solutions – innovative sheet membrane waterproofing that'll take anything you throw at it.
- Unique grid sealant prevents water underflow and migration
- Ideal for all kinds of below-ground structures, from resident to industrial
- Pre-and post-applied systems available
Sika BentoShield® MAX LM
- 10-year guarantee
- Free of charge site support from Sika waterproofing technicians
- Only bentonite system to be tested and BBA approved to BS EN 1928: 2000 - Secure Sealed Laps
- BBA approved for use in contaminated land and saline conditions
- Granular based for improved performance and safer storage over powdered/dust systems
SIKA & BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING (BIM)
Sika provides a range of BIM objects for waterproofing products, via the NBS National BIM Library. These objects can be integrated in the Building Information Model and help to accelerate the planning process including improving the data quality.Find out more about BIM
Ashmolean Museum, London
Built in the 1670s and the world’s first university museum, the Ashmolean Museum, part of Oxford University, recently underwent redevelopment to make it suitable for modern visitors. Sika®-1 was chosen to provide superior waterproofing to basement areas and protect the priceless artefacts they contain.
The £61 million project saw all but the original, Grade 1 listed elements of the structure demolished and replaced with a stylishly designed and fit for purpose new building. The redevelopment has doubled the gallery space of the museum and created dedicated conservation and education facilities.
CrossRail Tunnel, London
Farringdon Interchange is part of the new Crossrail project in London. When complete, the interchange will link with London Underground and Thameslink and will become one of Britain’s busiest train stations.
SikaProof® A-12 was selected to prevent any water ingress through and around the base slab of the access shaft, which is situated 20 metres below ground level. SikaProof® A-12 is a completely engineered solution, which produces a mechanical bond with the concrete, and incorporates a unique grid pattern of sealant that prevents any lateral water underflow and migration between the membrane and concrete.
ESTÁDIO MARACANÃ, BRAZIL
The Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro is the biggest stadium in Brazil and played host to the 2014 World Cup Final. Sika has supplied refurbishment systems to this project since 1976, and was one again called upon for its major renovation and modernisation between 2010 and 2013.
Adaptability and durability was key for a structure prone to high levels of humidity. The movement and construction joints in the grandstands and other horizontal areas were made watertight with the tough elastic, polyurethane sealing system Sikaﬂex® Pro-3.